Sunday, March 6, 2011

Man vs. Wild

Today was rather uneventful.  That is until my husband came home and decided to watch Man vs. Wild.  We are now watching a camel being skinned, gutted and used for shelter.  I pray that there never comes a day where I have to drink the water from a camels stomach in order to stay alive.

Speaking of staying alive, we have been talking about preparedness for awhile now and have even tried to pick up a few useful skills.  Food storage, morse code, fire starting - it may all be useful someday.  You never know.  There are still so many things that I want to learn. 

Here's some of my list:
-Learn to make my own bread
-Attempt to can something
-Learn morse code well enough to use it
-Grow a garden (I have an unusually hard time growing ANYTHING so this is somewhat of a dream)

What other things may be useful to know? 

New thing #2 - How to skin & gut a camel - 3.6.11

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I've seen that episode too. My husband and I get a kick out of those survival shows. Our favorite lately has been reruns of Man, Woman, Wild. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete